Margherita Pizza with Burrata Cheese!
Pizza è l'amore!
This home made pizza (well, except the crust) is so easy and good! Your family will be begging for more!
Traditionally, pizza is made with average mozzarella - but this pizza is made with Burrata, which is a fresh Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream. The outer shell of the cheese is solid mozzarella, while the inside contains stracciatella and cream, giving it an unusual, soft texture.
What you'll need:
- 2 flat breads
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 4 oz Burrata cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil (not show)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp basil pesto
- 1 shallot, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- Big handful of spinach leaves
- Salt, Pepper, and red pepper flake (not shown)
What you'll do:
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Dice or thinly slice the shallot.
- Mince garlic.
- Core & seed the tomatoes.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the shallot and and saute for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the garlic, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, so it doesn't burn.
- Incorporate the tomato paste.
- Add the tomatoes and saute another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flake to taste.
- Cook 2-3 more minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- In preheated oven, place the flatbread directly on the rack and par bake for 3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the Burrata cheese.
Assemble the Pizzas:
- Spread the sauce on the two flat breads.
- Dollop on the mashed Burrata cheese.
- Tear up spinach leaves and scatter them on top.
- Drizzle the Basil Pesto on.
- Bake on rack at 450 for 4-5 minutes or until the top is bubbly. Take care and watch them - the edges burn easily on the bread.
Remove them from the oven, cool for 5 minutes, cut & enjoy!!