Parmesan Garlic Roasted Asparagus
Some things in this world are simply divine! Things like asparagus, Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
Put them together and roast - and you have the perfect side dish for chicken, beef, or fish.
This is one of my favorites - and I was so impatient to eat it, I forgot to take a picture of it fresh out of the oven.
Yet another #rookiemove.... but I digress, here's why you've come to the blog.... this recipe will serve 3 to 4 people depending on appetite...
What you'll need:
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Asparagus (1 lb) ends trimmed off
- 1.5 c. Panko (Japanese style bread crumbs)
What you'll do:
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Trim asparagus ends off (just hold the stalk firmly and snap the bottom. Where it breaks off easily is best).
- In a pie plate, combine panko, shredded Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a measuring cup, combine butter & olive oil. Whisk together.
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with non-stick spray, or wiping it with olive oil.
- Put asparagus on baking sheet and pour all the butter/olive oil mixture on it. Toss to coat with hands, and season with salt and pepper.
- Take spears off pan and roll in panko mixture. Coat each stalk heavily (you'll thank me later)!
- Put spears back on pan. If you have any left over breadcrumb, scatter it on top the asparagus. Don't over do it, or the bread crumbs will burn.
- Roast at 425 for 15-18 minutes.
Enjoy this wonderful side dish from Trish!